Botched Abortion Almost Kills Woman, “Doctors Were Shocked” I Didn’t Die

A British woman said she almost died after a botched abortion left tissue, likely parts of her baby’s body, inside her womb and caused her to bleed for more than three months.

The 37-year-old from Middlesbrough, Teesside, England, shared her story with Teesside Live after she noticed two recent failed inspection reports at the abortion facility. She said she does not want the same thing — or worse — to happen to other women.

In early 2018, the woman, who is not named in the report, said her doctor referred her to a BPAS abortion facility in Middlesbrough after she found out she was pregnant. The woman said she wanted an abortion because she was struggling with health problems.

At eight weeks of pregnancy, she said BPAS gave her an abortion pill at the facility and another to take later at home. Over the next two weeks, she said she felt like something was not right and kept calling the abortion facility. However, she said they repeatedly reassured her that what she was going through was normal, and eventually she felt something pass, according to the report.

She kept bleeding for three months, but the abortion facility dismissed it as an “extra long period,” she continued.

Here’s more from the report:

After she started to feel ill, she went back and she was scanned at the clinic, she says. The weather was very bad at the time and she says she was told some staff hadn’t been able to get in so a sister would look at the scan results later. They called and told her there was some retained tissue but nothing to worry about. But then things took a turn for the worse.

“… I continued bleeding but I had polycystic ovaries anyway and thought it was maybe that. Then I was shopping one day in Asda and I started shaking, sweat was dripping off my face, I didn’t feel right. I went and sat in the car, phoned my GP … My blood pressure was through the roof so they sent me straight to hospital.”

Follow on Instagram for pro-life pictures and videos.

Doctors discovered that she still had “tissue” with “its own blood supply” in her womb, meaning her unborn baby possibly was still alive or parts of the baby’s body were still inside her, the report continues.

“The doctor said they were surprised I wasn’t critically ill in hospital. It had just been left all that time, it could have caused sepsis,” she said.

They referred her back to BPAS, which gave her more abortion drugs, according to the report.

Though all that happened four years ago, the woman said she felt compelled to share her story now after noticing that the same BPAS that botched her abortion recently failed two inspections.

According to Teesside Live, inspectors from the British Care Quality Commission found multiple deficiencies at the abortion facility within the past year.

In one particularly alarming finding, last August, inspectors said BPAS staff gave the abortion drug mifepristone to five women and then made them travel to another abortion facility because no doctor was available to finish their abortions, according to the report.

Another more recent inspection found other deficiencies, including a lack of adequate staff and failures to properly label medication, the report states. The inspectors did note that the facility has made several improvements since the August inspection.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.