Japan wants fresh U.N. sanctions against North Korea

http://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/japan-wants-fresh-u-n-sanctions-against-north-korea

UNITED NATIONS —

Japan pushed the U.N. Security Council on Tuesday to consider fresh sanctions against North Korea for test-firing a series of ballistic missiles that it said were a threat to the region and the entire world.

The council strongly condemned the series of launches on Friday and agreed in a unanimous statement backed by China to take “further significant measures.”

“The number of provocative actions taken by North Korea has been phenomenal,” said Japanese Ambassador Kero Bessho following a closed-door meeting of the council.

Bessho stressed that the high number of launches had led to “quite noteworthy” advances in North Korea’s nuclear and missile technology programs.

“This presents a serious threat to the region and the world as a whole,” he told reporters.

North Korea has been hit by five sets of U.N. sanctions since it first tested a nuclear device in 2006.

The council in March adopted the toughest sanctions resolution to date targeting North Korea’s trade in minerals and tightening banking restrictions, after Pyongyang carried out its fourth nuclear test.

Bessho noted that 52 countries had so far presented reports detailing how they are enforcing the new raft of sanctions under resolution 2270, but added that more sanctions were necessary.

“For Japan, we feel that sanctions are necessary,” he said.

“We need to implement 2270 rigorously and we feel that we can do more in terms of sanctions in order to show to the DPRK that they just cannot keep on going in this way.”

North Korea is barred under U.N. resolutions from any use of ballistic missile technology, but Pyongyang has carried out several launches following its fourth nuclear test in January.

The council statement was adopted after several rounds of negotiations with China, Pyongyang’s ally, which has insisted over recent weeks on the need to avoid an escalation of tension on the Korean peninsula.

The Japanese ambassador said many council members supported the idea of further measures, but suggested that this fell short of a consensus.

“The council should be united in taking action,” said Bessho.

A previous bid by the council to condemn North Korea for firing a ballistic missile directly into Japanese-controlled waters on August 2 ran aground after China sought changes to the text.

The council was unable to agree after Beijing pressed for language in a statement opposing the THAAD missile defense system that the United States plans to deploy in South Korea.

© 2016 AFP

Man fatally shot by white knight/simp boyfriend of woman who accused him of not holding door for her

Man fatally shot after not holding door for woman at Las Vegas McDonald’s

LAS VEGAS – Police are looking for the man who gunned down a Las Vegas father during a dispute at a local McDonald’s restaurant Saturday night.

The victim, 31-year-old Mohammad Nestor Robinson, was at the Pecos Road McDonald’s on his lunch break when a woman accused him of not holding the door for her, Robinson’s friend later told the family.

“He was coming into McDonald’s and some female was going out,” Robinson’s mother told KVVU. “The door closed before she could get out and what happened is she said a few choice words to him.”

The unidentified woman’s boyfriend confronted Robinson in the parking lot, according to police, and the two argued before the man pulled out a gun and shot him multiple times.

Robinson was rushed to University Medical Center where he died Sunday morning.

The gunman fled the scene; no arrests have been made.

Robinson’s girlfriend and the mother of their 3-month-old child told KSNV her boyfriend was not the type to look for a fight, saying, “He was the utmost respect for his elders. Yes, ma’am — no sir. He’s not confrontational even when we would argue he’d walk away.”

The family is asking for GoFundMe donations to help pay for Robinson’s burial costs.

Jailers Arrested for Allegedly Having Sex with Inmate

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/29/jailers-fired-allegedly-sex-inmate/

Two jailers in Arkansas are now out of jobs after allegedly having sex with an inmate.

Police say former jailers Angela Jacobs and Kiera Viger were having sex with the inmate, Kevin Domerese, at different times in areas not monitored by security cameras, KARK reported.

Court records show the ex-jailers would reportedly take Domerese to unmonitored areas, such as the “sheriff’s office, courtroom, bathroom and a wooded area off jail property” to have sex, according to White County Sheriff Deputy Chief Phillip Miller.

It is not known whether the jailers knew about each other’s alleged relationship with Domerese. Authorities say each woman gave the inmate a cell phone that had nude photos of themselves.

“He was an inmate at the facility, he did not have the ability to consent,” says Miller.

Both women are expected to be in court in September.

Domerese has been imprisoned since 2011 for aggravated robbery and fraud, according toWREG.

He is “a prisoner at the Department of Correction but was at the White County Jail for good behavior.” He has been transferred since the incident.