Singer Hikaru Utada to return to showbiz in April with theme song for NHK drama

http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/singer-hikaru-utada-to-return-to-showbiz-in-april-with-theme-song-for-nhk-drama

 

TOKYO —

Popular Japanese singer Hikaru Utada will make a comeback to the entertainment world after nearly six years in hiatus from the spotlight with the release of a new song this spring.

Utada, 33, will perform the theme song for a NHK TV drama series “Toto Neechan” which is set to begin in early April, the national public broadcaster said. Utada confirmed the rumors on her official website and Twitter account, writing that she is “just about to finish up the last line of the song’s lyrics.”

Utada, who rose to massive popularity in Japan and abroad with her debut album “First Love” in 1999, featuring major hits such as “Automatic” and “First Love,” announced her withdrawal from the music world in 2010 “to return to her personal life” for an unspecified amount of time. Since then, she married an Italian man and gave birth to her first son in 2015. Utada also suffered a tragedy when her mother, Keiko Fuji, a former enka singer and actress, jumped to her death from her apartment building in August 2013.

INSANE: Canada, Edmonton school teaches that Syria’s Assad is a CHRISTIAN, possibly “waging genocide against Muslims”

http://linkis.com/www.therebel.media/JUIO1

 

 

The dictator of Syria is a Muslim named Bashar Assad. He’s propped up by the Muslim dictatorship of Iran, and the Muslim terrorist group called Hezbollah. And those Muslims are fighting against other Muslims, like ISIS.

Of course, the groups that get it the worst are the religious minorities — Christian Arabs, moderate Kurds, and the prized rape victims of the Islamic State terrorist men, the Yazidis.

But let me show you the lesson plan used in an Edmonton School: It’s a news scoop from the blog Blazing Catfur. It reads:

“The government in power in Syria, the so-called ‘Assad Regime’ named for the current president, Assad, is Christian and the rebels are Muslim. As a result, most of the refugees are Muslims.”

So, the tyrant,the one who allegedly uses chemical weapons on his own people — he’s a Christian? And he’s waging some sort of genocide against Muslims?

This is being taught in Canadian schools.

Seriously — politicians; the media; police; and now teachers. Is there anyone in authority who isn’t promoting political Islam these days?

Abe to include constitutional revision in election manifesto

http://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/abe-says-he-will-include-constitutional-revision-in-election-manifesto

TOKYO —

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said Wednesday his ruling Liberal Democratic Party will include a promise to revise the Japanese Constitution in its manifesto for the House of Councillors election in the summer.

Noting that the LDP has long advocated the need to amend the postwar Constitution drafted under the occupation of the Allied Forces, Abe told a lower house plenary session, “We will raise the issue as our campaign pledge.”

The ruling party believes changing the supreme law will make Japan a truly sovereign state.

As for specific areas subject to possible revision, the prime minister, who doubles as LDP president, said they will be decided “in due course as discussions deepen at the Diet and among the public.”

The Constitution, which includes a war-renouncing clause, was drafted under the strong influence of the United States after World War II that ended in 1945. The supreme law has not been amended since it came into force in 1947.

Security chief says no plans to opt out of torture convention

The Secretary for Security, Lai Tung-kwok, says there are no plans for Hong Kong to withdraw from the UN’s Convention Against Torture – seemingly contradicting an earlier statement from the chief executive, who said the city may do so if needed.
Responding to a question in Legco, Lai said there were some 11,000 torture claimants in the city and their prolonged stay has led to concerns about social and public order issues.
He said the government would look at ways to speed up claims.
Democratic Party lawmaker Albert Ho welcomed Lai’s response and said the government should try and fix flaws in the system instead of threatening to abandon the UN pact altogether.—RTHK

 

 

http://thestandard.com.hk/breaking-news.php?id=70712

Canadian Feminists Failed To Have Man Imprisoned For Sending Them Mean Tweets

http://www.returnofkings.com/78747/canadian-feminists-failed-to-have-man-imprisoned-for-sending-them-mean-tweets

With Guthrie, for instance, what frightened her about Elliott was the sheer volume of his tweets about her…

— The National Post reporting on the preposterous offense Steph Guthrie took to Gregory Alan Elliott tweeting about her. If this is the standard for criminal harassment online, 1,000,000 Americans should be jailed for tweeting their gripes about Barack Obama.

A Canadian court has found Gregory Alan Elliott, prosecuted for criminal harassment after disagreeing with feminists on Twitter, innocent. SJWs Steph Guthrie and Heather Reilly received a number of oblique slap-downs from the judge, who ruled that their fears over their “safety” were entirely unreasonable. The decision is a victory for common sense and highlights how—absent threats—communicating with people via tweets and hashtags should not be a criminal offense.

Elliott tragically lost his job as a graphic artist after his very, very widely publicized arrest. Then came the additional and extremely heavy burden of fighting to clear his name, which compounded the immense impact of this whole debacle on his wife and children. The accusers, Guthrie, Reilly and a third woman whose claims against Elliott were dropped from the charges, could rely on the state to prosecute him without having to pay a dime for it.

The background

Gregory Alan Elliott had been communicating with Steph Guthrie before a bitter online falling out. Elliott criticized Guthrie after she tried to set the internet upon Brendalin Spurr, a very ironic hypocrisy given what she later alleged against Elliott. Spurr had created an Anita Sarkeesian punching game of the exact same kind he had devised for Jack Thompson, a disbarred attorney infamous for wanting to censor games of almost all their sexual and violent content.

Perpetuating a feminist obsession with making everything about invented misogyny against women, despite the earlier game about Thompson, Guthrie initiated a harassment campaign targeting Spurr, contacting scores of people, including his potential employers and many local media outlets. Guthrie eventually blocked Gregory Alan Elliott after he called her obsessive actions into question. Elliott then continued tweeting at Guthrie, who demanded he stop using the public platform to mention her. The police and courts then became involved.

Police found no threats of harm by Elliott against either Guthrie or Reilly, who had joined the fracas earlier. This assessment was reiterated by the court, which found no tweets or other communications of a violent or sexual quality. In the meantime, the innocent man had been subjected to long-term Twitter and general internet bans. This further eroded his ability to generate an income, as most of his work opportunities stemmed from online interactions.

 

Steph Guthrie and Heather Reilly are so disingenuous they make fabulists look truthful

In mid-2015, National Post columnist Christie Blatchford reported some of the big holesin Guthrie and Reilly’s story. For a start, the pair were so “terrified” about Gregory Alan Elliott that they organized a meeting with associates to brainstorm ideas about how to publicly shame their new enemy. This sort of concerted effort to continue a feud is hardly the stuff of being scared for your personal safety.

Worst of all, and the thing that constitutes the biggest, non-prosecuted criminal harassment of this case, Reilly disseminated Twitter accusations by an account supposedly belonging to a 13-year-old girl that Gregory Alan Elliott was a pedophile. The mendacity of even retweeting such an accusation is beyond vile and demonstrates what sort of repulsive and narcissistic worms both Guthrie and Reilly are (remember Guthrie’s hunting down of Spurr).

Surprisingly, Toronto’s The Star, no friend of ROK after its slandering of Roosh last year, felt the need to report on the baseless pedophile accusations against Elliott.

A respect for this wider context cannot be said of Vice‘s Sarah Ratchford, who cried at length in an article about how women are apparently an endangered species online after the court decision. A friend of Guthrie’s, she deliberately left out the deplorable false pedophilia accusations by Reilly, which would have greatly changed unbiased readers’ view of the case and the prima donna complainants.

There was no mentioning by Ratchford of Brendalin Spurr either, particularly Guthrie’s harassment in calling prospective employers and gerrymandering out of the incident the existence of the Jack Thompson game, which obliterated any pretext for calling Spurr a misogynist encouraging violence against women. Never let facts and the background get in the way of a story!

The judge made a serious mistake and falsely impugned Gregory Alan Elliott’s character

“Hold on, David! He was found not guilty!” you may say. And, yes, this is good. But what is shambolic, and reflects the judiciary’s willingness to believe poor evidence, is that Gregory Alan Elliott was wrongly described as “homophobic,” based on a very incorrectly attributed tweet. No less than four times did the judge describe the man this way.

For us here at ROK, even if the comment were his, it would not be a big deal. The focus on what Gregory Alan Elliott was thought to have said about gays was so selective as to be morally meaningless. People say these sorts of things all the time, whether to attack people with different political views, people they simply do not like, all white men, Green Bay Packers supporters, or Jeremy Clarkson fans. Until such time as all insults against anyone are treated equally, and do not depend on any severe disdain SJWs have for you, picking out random ones is a joke.

The very astute Greg Renouf, who was in court on that day, unearthed that this was, in fact, a tweet from a fake account, which (I think) was probably created by some of the very same feminists, not necessarily Guthrie and Reilly, who wanted Elliott prosecuted. Remember, this a man who has already has his finances blown to pieces by vindictive accusations and draconian limits on his ability to derive an income, plus legal fees and the substantial attention he needed to devote to saving himself from jail. These allegations of homophobia will dent his employment prospects above and beyond their present curtailment.

This triumph should be treated cautiously

 

R v Elliott was the first case of its kind and will set something of a precedent. By its very nature, though, ideas of “reasonable fears” after harassment claims are open to substantial tinkering, especially in a climate indulgent of SJWs. Notions of reasonability also reflect the society in which we live. With more and more chances for people to be narcissistic, destroy the livelihoods of social narrative critics like Gregory Alan Elliott, and promulgate demands for anti-free speech measures, mental illness-based feminist victimology is likely to become more prevalent and, sadly, “reasonable”.

Plus, the shrill screams of a Steph Guthrie or Heather Reilly crowd out the voices of the majority of people, who are too busy working, raising families, and making other productive contributions to society. These SJWs attempt to claim the mantle of spokeswomen for some wider virus of misogynistic harassment, one which is instead always either rampantly exaggerated or non-existent. If challenged vociferously, their poison can be mitigated. If not, fantasists like them will have future success in sending individuals similar to Gregory Alan Elliott straight to jail.

Be aware of these risks. Yet for now, let’s bask in the sweet rays of Guthrie and Reilly’s courtroom melting. The heat of the truth has that effect on precious snowflakes.

Muslim Extremists from Genocidal Sudan Suspected of Burning Church Building in South Sudan

http://morningstarnews.org/2016/01/muslim-extremists-from-sudan-suspected-of-burning-church-building-in-south-sudan/

 

JUBA, South Sudan (Morning Star News) – Muslim extremists from Sudan have been arrested in connection with the burning of a church building in South Sudan, sources said.

Members of the Sudanese Church of Christ (SCOC) in the refugee settlement of Yida awoke the morning of Jan. 16 to find their worship building in flames, area Christian leaders said. Tens of thousands of refugees from Sudan’s South Kordofan state have set up homes in Yida, about seven miles from the Sudanese border.

“I learned that those who set our church on fire were sent from Sudan purposely,” said a church leader who wished to remain unnamed.

The following week his congregation of nearly 200 people held their worship service in the open air in the remains of the charred church building, a structure of unbaked bricks. Most church members are ethnic Nuba who have fled bombing of civilians in South Kordofan in Sudan’s fight with rebels.

The fire burned both the exterior and interior of the structure, destroying all chairs, a pulpit and some copies of Arabic Bibles.

Authorities arrested a Muslim suspect, identified only as Tia, who revealed the names of three other Muslim suspects, and police also captured them, including one identified only as Mohammad, sources said. One of the arrested men said they were sent from Sudan to attack churches and aid workers helping Nuba Christians from Sudan, a local Christian leader said.

The source told Morning Star News that he witnessed one of the suspects telling police, “We are sent from South Kordofan to target churches and NGOs [Non-Governmental Organizations].”

Over the past year, three church buildings were reportedly burned in Yida, home for refugees that number nearly 70,000, according to one estimate. Most of them are Nuba Christians from South Kordofan state who believe the Islamist government of Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir is targeting Christians and bombing churches as part of its war against rebels.

Ethnic Nuba, along with Christians, face discrimination in Sudan, where Bashir has vowed to adopt a stricter version of sharia (Islamic law) and recognize only Islamic culture and the Arabic language. The Nuba people have longstanding complaints against Khartoum – including neglect, oppression and forced conversions to Islam in a 1990s jihad – but as Sudanese citizens on the northern side of the border, they were never given the option of secession in the 2005 peace pact between northern and southern Sudan.

The rebels in the Nuba Mountains were formerly involved with the southern Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA) forces fighting Khartoum before the 2005 Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA). Fighting between Sudan and South Sudan broke out in June 2011, when Khartoum forcefully attempted to disarm the SPLA-N in South Kordofan by force rather than awaiting a process of disarmament as called for in the CPA. When the CPA was signed in 2005, the people of South Kordofan were to vote on whether to join the north or the south, but the state governor suspended the process.

Due to its treatment of Christians and other human rights violations, Sudan has been designated a Country of Particular Concern by the U.S. State Department since 1999, and the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom recommended the country remain on the list in its 2015 report.

Sudan ranked eighth on Christian support organization Open Doors’ 2016 World Watch List of countries where Christians face most persecution.

A ministry leader who visited Yida last week confirmed the burning of the SCOC building. He described it as an act of the devil but asked for prayers that those who carried it out would repent.

EXCLUSIVE: Residents at Toronto hotel say they’re being booted for Syrian refugees

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/01/26/exclusive-residents-at-toronto-hotel-say-theyre-being-booted-for-syrian-refugees/

Some long-term residents at a Toronto hotel say they’re being evicted on short notice to make room for an influx of Syrian refugees.

One woman, who didn’t want to be identified, told CityNews she’s been living at the Toronto Plaza Hotel at 1677 Wilson Avenue with her three kids for the last six months.

But when she approached management to continue her weekly $300 payments she says she was told she had to leave —  that day.

She says she had to beg for one extra night, but the next morning she was evicted.

“It’s really hard,” she said. “Many tears.”

“They gave us a whole bunch of reasons but the bottom line was they needed the space.”

“Everyone deserves a home and anyone can come to this country to get help, but you can’t take some children out and put them nowhere for others to live.”

She and her children now resort to sleeping on the floor at a friend’s house.

“For them to do this is not fair,” she added. “These people (refugees) are getting three meals a day? What about us?”

Garnet Fulton says he’s been living at the hotel for several months with his wife and two-year-old daughter.

He pays $1100 a month for a small room.

Fulton says he received a notice on Monday saying he had until Friday to leave.

The notice read: “We will no longer be facilitating any extended stay guests as hotel operations have evolved to meet growing demands.”

Fulton also believes he’s being pushed out to accommodate Syrian refugees.

“I asked if I could stay until the first (of the month) to look for a place and they said no.”

The Toronto Plaza Hotel says about 80 per cent of the hotel is being used to house refugees, but wouldn’t comment on allegations that long-term residents were being kicked out to make room for them.

When asked if residents were being displaced by refugees, Immigration Minister John McCallum said it’s the first he’s heard of it.

“I was entirely unaware of that,” he said. “I will look into it…but I had not heard that before.”