Japan releases Olympic stadium guidelines, but no cost estimates

http://www.japantoday.com/category/sports/view/japan-releases-olympic-stadium-guidelines-but-no-cost-estimates

TOKYO —

Japan approved guidelines for its new Olympic stadium on Friday, vowing to build an athlete-friendly stadium as cheaply as possible and complete it by March 2020, a year later than planned, but without including any cost estimates or limits.

Japan scrapped its original plan for the new National stadium last month in the face of widespread outrage after costs ballooned to 250 billion yen, nearly twice original estimates—an unusual move for an Olympic host city this late in the process.

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) signed off on the decision for the stadium, centerpiece of the 2020 Summer Olympics, but it has also said it will be part of the new stadium tender to make sure things stay on track.

The guidelines approved by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and other officials late on Friday emphasised keeping costs as low as possible but included no upper limits or estimates. Plans are for management of the stadium to be handed over to a private firm once the Olympics are over.

“We should make a structure that will emotionally move people all over the world,” Abe said. “Of course, keeping costs down is a priority, and we must make the best, realistic plan we can.”

Construction will be completed by March of 2020, the plan said, a year later than originally planned. Media reports have said construction will not begin until the end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017, also at least a year behind the original schedule.

Cost estimates will be set in a later plan to be released later this month or early in September, but officials have said their aim is to do everything as cheaply as possible, including having a roof over spectator seats only.

The stadium will be built to host rugby, athletics and soccer, leaving Japan with the ability to bid for World Cup soccer in the future. A number of the required 80,000 seats will be temporary.

An international competition will be held to choose a new design later this year, and a decision is due on both design and contractors in January 2016, media reports have said.

Japanese officials have acknowledged the original design for the stadium by UK-based Zaha Hadid Architects may have helped them win the Olympics, but the futuristic plan—likened to a bicycle helmet—drew fire for its grandiose size and what critics said was a lack of fit with its site.

Japan pinned blame for the ballooning price tag on the stadium design, but the architects countered that construction costs have been soaring in Tokyo, that they had made changes several times to bring costs down and that Japan’s decision to scrap the plans came without any warning.

Tokyo has already paid out around 6.2 billion yen to Hadid, other architects and construction firms, prompting Abe to apologise for wasting tax money.

Preparations for the Olympics, Tokyo’s second time to host the sports extravaganza, have run into hurdles on a number of fronts, including ballooning overall costs and rolling back promises of having most venues within eight kilometers of the Olympic Village.

Even the Olympic logo has become the focus of plagiarism accusations, which Japan and its designer deny.

Obese Size 24 Woman Shows That Any Woman Can Be A Model

Tess Munster made many headlines at the start of this year for being the first size 24 “model” to be signed to a major agency (whatever that means). Calling herself a “body positivity ambassador” on her website, Munster conveniently forgets that there is nothing positive about otherwise avoidable heart disease, cancer, or other ailments grossly accelerated by obesity. And she additionally ignores how younger generations today and in the immediate future may be the first to predecease their parents in large numbers.

It speaks volumes about the oftentimes dystopian nature of this world that obese people like Tess Munster can proudly proclaim they never felt pressure to lose weight and then be paraded around as some sort of icon for female empowerment and a role model (pardon the pun) for others to follow.

Rather than simply accepting obesity, this actually promotes it as something to be pursued. So your BMI is 32, you’re obese but you just don’t want to exercise? Well, Tess Munster didn’t and she turned out “okay”!

What’s more is that Munster preaches “body positivity,” refusing to change her body, as she drastically alters her face at the same time. Is it really genuine to say you want to promote good body image by being obese but simultaneously reconfiguring your facial appearance by way of L’Oreal and Photoshop?

These are questions Munster and her tribes of followers and admirers either ignore or dance around.

http://www.returnofkings.com/68548/obese-size-24-woman-shows-that-any-woman-can-be-a-model

Brooklyn: Muslim pleads guilty to aiding jihad terror group

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/08/brooklyn-muslim-pleads-guilty-to-aiding-jihad-terror-group

“This case, like many others before it, has shown that the application of lawful surveillance can allow the United States government to detect and neutralize a terrorist in the United States.” And that lawful surveillance is just what Leftists and Islamic supremacists such as Linda Sarsour and the Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations want to end.

“Brooklyn man pleads guilty to aiding terrorists, prosecutors say,” by Zachary R. Dowdy, Newsday, August 13, 2015:

An Albanian national and Brooklyn resident who pleaded guilty to aiding terrorists bent on attacking the United States has been sentenced to 16 years in prison, federal prosecutors said, but they added that the defendant will likely appeal the government’s use of the most critical evidence against him.

Agron Hasbajrami, who had pleaded guilty in June to attempting and conspiring to provide material support to terrorists, was sentenced Thursday by U.S. District Court Judge John Gleeson. After he serves that sentence, he will be deported.

“This case, like many others before it, has shown that the application of lawful surveillance can allow the United States government to detect and neutralize a terrorist in the United States,” said acting U.S. Attorney Kellie Currie of the Eastern District of New York. “The sentence imposed today leaves no question as to the defendant’s role in a very serious offense and helps ensure that he will no longer pose a threat to the United States and our allies.”

Hasbajrami’s attorneys could not be reached for comment.

His plea in June was the second one he has entered in connection with the charges. In 2013, he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 15 years in prison, but later appealed and was allowed to withdraw his plea after finding out that the communications on which his prosecution was based were gathered through the National Security Agency’s controversial bulk-data surveillance program, authorities said.

Under a new deal reached with prosecutors, Hasbajrami will be able to challenge in a higher court — the Second Circuit Court of Appeals — Gleeson’s decision to reject Hasbajrami’s attorneys’ argument that the data collection was unlawful because it was conducted without a warrant.

Prosecutors said that Hasbajrami had bought a one-way plane ticket on Sept. 5, 2011, for travel to the Federally Administered Tribal Areas of Pakistan “for the purpose of joining a radical jihadist insurgent group,” according to a news release issued by the U.S. attorney’s office. “In addition, he sent over $1,000 in multiple wire transfers abroad to support terrorist activities in Pakistan and Afghanistan.”

Hasbajrami’s communications with an individual in Pakistan who prosecutors said “was a member of an armed group that had murdered American soldiers and kidnapped Westerners” were intercepted by the National Security Agency and agents were able to arrest him on Sept. 6, 2011, at Kennedy Airport as he tried to board a plane to Turkey with the intent, they said, of ending his journey in Pakistan….

American Christianity in action

A metro pastor accused of soliciting sexual conduct from minors was charged Thursday, officials said.

 

http://www.koco.com/news/shawnee-pastor-charged-with-soliciting-sexual-misconduct/34696888

 

A west Virginia pastor was accused of sexual abuse of a young boy last year, and the allegations were so graphic that local WCHSTV couldn’t publish them. Now the same pastor is behind bars on another allegation of abuse.

James Robert “JR” Smith was arrested last year on charges he sexually abused a boy since 2009, starting when the boy was 10 years old, WCHSTV reports. He was out on bond when he was arrested again Tuesday for molestation charges in a different state.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/pastor-charged-with-sexually-abusing-another-boy-after-church-members-rallied-to-his-defense/

 

 

Massachusetts youth pastor was arrested Tuesday, accused of manipulating a teenage girl in his charge into a long-term sexual relationship, police said.

Jimmy Chang, 32, of East Longmeadow, was charged with 12 counts of second-degree sexual assault. Chang was being held on bail of $350,000 and is to appear in Manchester Superior Court on Sept. 11.

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-manchester-youth-pastor-0805-2-20150804-story.html

 

A former pastor accused of raping several children is now behind bars waiting to go before a judge.

60-year-old Melvin Wallace Ollison Sr. is charged with (2 Counts) 1st Degree Rape, (4 Counts) 1st Degree Sex Offense with a Child, (3 Counts) 2nd Degree Sexual Offense, and (3 Counts) Indecent Liberties with a Child.

Former Pamlico Co. associate pastor heads to court to face rape charges

 

A 72-year-old school bus driver and pastor in Waukesha has been charged with sexually assaulting a child in his church office.

Peter J. Knebel was arrested Sunday after sheriff’s officials say he admitted to an offense while under investigation, as well as violations involving other children in the past.

According to the Waukesha County sheriff’s office, Knebel was a pastor at the Fox River Christian Church, and drove a school bus for the Waukesha School District since 2009.

Knebel faces a single count of second-degree sexual assault of a child under age 13, which is punishable by up to 40 years in prison upon conviction.

 

Former Pamlico Co. associate pastor heads to court to face rape charges

 

MANATEE — A Wimauma pastor is facing charges he sexually assaulted a 17-year-old boy, according to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.

At 8 p.m. Monday, Hillsborough County deputies arrested Juan Gomez at his home in the 5300 block of Vel Street in Wimauma on a Manatee County warrant for sexual battery, according to a news release.

Gomez, 52, is pastor at Iglesia De Dios church (Church of God) in Wimauma.

Investigators began investigating July 21 after receiving information Gomez sexually assaulted the boy July 4 at a hunting ranch in north Manatee County. The church acknowledged knowing him but declined comment.

A Cumberland County pastor charged with sexually assaulting two girls is now charged with witness intimidation

Pennsylvania State Police said 64-year-old Raymond Buhrow tried to get the girls’ father to drop the sexual abuse charges, but the father informed police.

Buhrow was pastor at Calvary Temple Holiness Church in South Middleton Township.

http://www.wgal.com/news/pastor-charged-with-sexually-assaulting-2-girls-now-charged-with-witness-intimidation/34180572

 

A youth minister at a Rockville church has been charged with rape and other sex crimes after having a romantic relationship with a 13-year-old girl, authorities say.

Paolo Dominic Belarmino, 24, of the 13300 block of Midway Avenue in Rockville was charged with sexual abuse of a minor, second-degree rape, second-degree sexual. He was arrested July 10 and released from jail on Monday, police say.

Belarmino was the youth group minister at River of Life Church, 5906 Halpine Road in Rockville. None of the sexual activity occurred on church property, authorities say.

 

http://patch.com/maryland/rockville/rockville-church-youth-pastor-charged-rape-0

 

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — A 26-year-old Brunswick elementary school teacher has resigned amid allegations of child molestation, authorities told First Coast News Tuesday.

William C. Lewis, 26, of Brunswick, was arrested Tuesday on two counts of child molestation, according to the Glynn County Sheriff’s Office.

 

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/georgia/2015/08/04/glynn-teacher-charged–molestation-resigns/31126257/

 

Youth pastor’s arrest affects two churches

Leaders of both his current and former church say they had no suspicion about a youth pastor who reportedly confessed to police that he tried to solicit sex from teenagers.

By Bob Allen

Two prominent Southern Baptist churches in Oklahoma are cooperating with police after the arrest of a youth pastor charged with sending inappropriate text messages to four boys at his former congregation.

– See more at: https://baptistnews.com/culture/social-issues/item/30337-youth-pastor-s-arrest-affects-two-churches#sthash.vjEUZaIy.dpuf

 

A former youth minister from the Bayard Church of Christ has been accused of having sexual contact with a 15-year-old girl.

According to KNEB News, Christopher Dodson, 34, of Minatare, has been charged with sexual contact with a minor, a charge stemming from an incident that occurred last month when he was working as a dean at a Christian youth camp south of Deadwood.

 

 

http://www.starherald.com/news/tidbits/minatare-youth-pastor-accused-of-sexual-contact-with-a-minor/article_dd01e0f8-6f5c-5aa5-bb99-5945d853a5fa.html

 

More charges have been filed against a local pastor after he was already charged with one count of criminal sexual conduct on Tuesday.

Columbia Police Chief Skip Holbrook said that Walter Ballenger III, 59, has been charged with two counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct in addition to a third-degree criminal sexual conduct. Ballenger is accused of touching children in a sexual manner.

Prosecutors charged ousted Calvary Baptist Church music leader Craig Burden Wednesday afternoon with attempted child exploitation, possession of child pornography and voyeurism.

Burden, 28, of West Lafayette was arrested Friday night on preliminary charges from investigation that started when Burden’s wife called deputies after finding what she believed was child pornography on his computer, according to the probable cause affidavit.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2015/07/15/west-lafayette-church-music-pastor-craig-burden-charged-possessing-child-porn/30196555/

 

BAYBORO, Pamlico County –

A former pastor accused of raping at least three victims, the youngest being five-years-old, appeared in court Friday.

Melvin Ollison Sr. is still charged with first degree rape and first degree sex offense with a child. Ollison’s appearance is now over and he is back in jail on a secured $1 million bond. Ollison could get life in jail for the crimes without the chance of parole.

 

http://www.wcti12.com/news/Former-pastor-has-first-court-appearance-on-sexual-charges/34598968