Florida: Muslim gets 40 years prison for planning jihad mass murder attacks in Tampa

TAMPA — Sami Osmakac, the Kosovo-born man who threatened to stage a series of terrorist attacks in Tampa, was sentenced Wednesday to 40 years in prison.

Convicted in June of possessing an unregistered AK-47 and attempting to use weapons of mass destruction — a reference to the car bomb, six grenades and suicide vest he planned to use — Osmakac faced the possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison. But federal prosecutors did not aim for the harshest sentence. Rather, they asked for and received from Judge Mary S. Scriven a lengthy prison term, followed by a lifetime of probation. Under this sentence, Osmakac, a 27-year-old Pinellas Park resident, will not emerge from a prison cell until he’s in his 60s.

Federal prosecutors had accused Osmakac, an American Muslim who held extreme views on Islam, of plotting to kill hundreds of people by targeting several densely populated areas in Tampa. His plans, which never came to fruition, included bombing a South Tampa pub and then traveling to another location where he would detonate a suicide vest packed with explosives. Recorded in a series of incriminating conversations with an undercover FBI agent, he railed against Muslims who refused to join his crusade and expressed hope that he would wake up in heaven.

Osmakac’s attorneys, George and Peter Tragos, argued that he deserved, at most, 20 years — a sentence in keeping with other U.S. terrorism cases. Seated at the defense table, Osmakac looked gaunt; he has not been eating, a psychologist testified. He declined to address the judge.

Throughout Osmakac’s trial, the defense team argued that their client was mentally ill and had been steered toward radical and violent ideas by FBI agents and a confidential informer whose identity and motive were never revealed. Moreover, Osmakac was essentially broke and would have been unable to buy weapons if the FBI had not given money to the informer, who then gave it to Osmakac, they said.

The weapons he bought were also provided by the FBI. And in the ultimate sign of the agency’s regard for Osmakac’s know-how, the car bomb came with instructions telling him how to detonate it.

“We still believe in his innocence,” George Tragos said following the sentencing. “We still believe this crime was initiated by the government. The government provided the money on the front end, the explosives on the back end, and it was a totally manufactured crime.”

Calling Osmakac “particularly dangerous,” prosecutor Sara Sweeney dismissed the claim that the government had entrapped him. “The defendant’s intent here was so strong and so corroborated,” she said….

 

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/sami-osmakac-gets-40-years-in-prison-for-plotting-terrorist-attacks-in/2205214

Feminists should be banned from using the internet and twitter for their own good

femicunts like the infantile creatures they are are not satisfied  with twitter’s reporting tools decide to force twitter created and invented and designed by MEN to “partner” with the obviously man hating femicunt organization “Woman action and Media to help “women” report abuse. Twitter already has it’s own reporting tool. as of today i will will not respond to femicunts on twitter and online.  they should be banned from the internet.  the internet is for grownups. femicunts have peter pan syndrome

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/19755/20141107/twitter-debuts-new-harassment-reporting-tool-female-users.htm

http://www.bustle.com/articles/48150-women-on-twitter-can-fill-out-a-form-against-online-harassment-thanks-to-the-sites-collaboration

Terror cops smash 100 UK plots a week as British fanatic issues a beheading warning

They have prevented “several” terrorism atrocities on the UK mainland in the past 10 months and made 218 arrests.

Sixteen Brits who have returned from Syria have been charged with terrorist activity.

Specialist police internet experts have removed 51,000 ‘illegal and deeply damaging’ websites aimed at recruiting jihadists.

They are now shutting down 1,000 sites-a-week showing beheadings, torture and suicide bombings in a bid to lure Islamic extremists to the Middle East with the prospect of martyrdom.

Last night police revealed they were probing the disappearance of 66 people reported missing by relatives who fear they have travelled to Syria to join IS.

Intelligence agencies estimate the authorities have not been told about 500 more who have also made the trek.

Scotland Yard assistant commissioner Mark Rowley, national policing lead for counter terrorism, said he was running “exceptionally high numbers” of investigations “the likes of which we have not seen for several years”.

 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/405456/Terror-cops-smash-100-UK-plots-a-week