it’s a golden age for planet hunters: NASA’s Kepler mission has identified more than 3,500 potential planets orbiting stars beyond our Sun. Some of them, like a planet called Kepler-22b, might even be able to harbor life. How did we come upon this distant planet? Combining startling animation with input from expert astrophysicists and astrobiologists, “Alien Planets Revealed” takes viewers on a journey along with the Kepler telescope. How does the telescope look for planets? How many of these planets are like our Earth? Will any of these planets be suitable for life as we know it? Bringing the creative power of veteran animators together with the latest discoveries in planet-hunting, “Alien Planets Revealed” shows the successes of the Kepler mission, taking us to planets beyond our solar system and providing a glimpse of creatures we might one day encounter.
Ban Bossy’ has to be one of the mostly poorly thought out campaigns ever.
The basic premise is that women lose interest in leadership because they get called bossy when they are children.
However if your ambitions of leadership can be destroyed simply by being called bossy, where you ever leadership material in the first place?
Secondly, for some reason, they think that women are weaker than men as it being called bossy only destroys the ambitions of women????
If I said something like that, you can imagine the flak I would get!
Joe Wright’s Peter Pan origin story starring Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard andGarret Hedlund as Hook has potentially found its Tiger Lilly. If negotiations work out, the iconic role of the young Native American princess will be played by none other than Irish-Italian actress Rooney Mara. The film is being billed as a “new take on the classic story,” and in this case, that “new take” extends the old tale of Hollywood whitewashing characters of color. (Recently, Johnny Depp tried to skirt controversy by being “formally adopted” by the Comanche Indians before playing Tonto in the Lone Ranger film.)
and once again the fans of red head Anne of Green Gables that are outrage over the use of a blonde woman to portray Anne is silent on his issue.
a day in the lives of the hollywood audience
HOWELL, MI — Shocking tweets celebrating a “white” team’s victory erupted Thursday following the Howell boys basketball win over Grand Blanc.
Several students in Howell are now facing disciplinary action, according to the high school principal.
Grand Blanc lost 54-49 to Howell in the Class A regional final at Linden High School Thursday.
Among the Twitter messages posted after the game the night of March 13:
“Not only did we beat Grand Blanc but we’re all white. Howell’s the definite winner tonight.”
“All hail white power. #HitlerIsMyDad”
“Tonight was probably one of the most racists nights of my life. I heard so many slurs and expressions. I also said a few things…”
Hastags with other tweets included #kkk, #lightthehcross, #rosaparks, #wewhite.
Howell High School Principal Jason Schrock said he’s well aware of the tweets, and disciplinary action has been taken against those involved.
“The school has responded to each instance and is moving forward,” he said. He would not say what disciplinary action was taken.
Grand Blanc has both black and white players.
The jarringly negative treatment of men in the media and how the tremendous efforts of men have allowed women to become dissociated from the realities of the world of work.
• Women journalists
• The BBC’s campaign against men — from “Women’s Hour” to “Bring Your Husband to Heel”
• What if it was a women’s world?
• F4J and the incredible restraint of men in the face of oppression
• “Institutional sexism” — what this really means
• The extreme talent, ability and work ethic of men compared with women
On women’s ideas of what skills are important in the workplace and examples of man-bashing in the media. Women’s ‘special awards’ for being women.
• How government sees women
• Women’s troubles
• Man-bashing and misandry on TV, in newspapers and elsewhere
• How would women get on without men?
• Women on the ascendancy at work
• Misandry is not only sanctioned by government, but perpetrated by it
• Portrayal of evil men on our screens
• The special Olympics for women
• Should men and women compete against each other?
Misandry – Rape
Looks into the phenomenon of rape and its perpetrators — men and women. Focuses on false allegations of rape and the consequences of allowing anonymity for women accusers but not for the men accused.
• The Women-in-constant-danger paradigm
• Date rape, drug rape and drunk rape
• Women’s fascination with rape and abuse
• Is it true that 95% of women have been sexually abused?
• The Home Office British crime survey and inflated rape statistics
• Why would a woman lie about rape?
• Spousal rape
• What rape is not
• The rape of men
• Female rapists and double standards
• Personality disorder and rape
• How risky is it for a man to be alone with a woman in a lift?