Looks at the methods by which misinformation is spread and introduces other films from manwomanmyth that deal with the most common of the various claims made by the Domestic Violence abuse industry. Features Angry Harry and Erin Pizzey.
• Norman Mailer and the definition of a factoid
• The non-validity of commonly used statistics in domestic violence reporting
Examining the frequent assertion in the UK that two women a week die from domestic violence.
Both men and women die every week due to domestic violence but only female deaths receive media and government attention. Women involved in violent relationships are typically at least as violent as their men.
Examines the murder rates of domestic violence and looks at the exclusion of men in the provision of support for DV victims.
• Consensual domestic violence
• Legislation against men including Harriet Harmans yellow card punishments for men acquitted of any wrongdoing
• Origins of violent behaviour in women and men
• Lack of support for men and their children
• Examination of the BBCs Hitting Home domestic violence website and homelessness
• The police and positive arrest policies for DV