Looks at the inaccurately presented views of the gender pay gap made in the media and by government. Analyses pay gaps that should exist but don’t in certain jobs like the police, the military and the fire service. Features Angry Harry, Erin Pizzey, Stephen Fitzgerald and Oliver Curry (London School of Economics and Demos).
• Choices of work made by men and women
• Motherhood and pay
• Emergency services and the military
• The pay gap and womens vote
• Should a man who can carry 2 bricks be paid more than a woman who can only carry 1 brick?
• Which sex is more motivated to earn more?
• Can a man choose not to work? Can a woman?
• Women living in a climate of fear
• The suppression of men’s views
• Discrimination in Pension rights for men and women